Tangy Fruit Salad with Creamy Topping and a Crumble
*Feel free to customize with your favorite fruits.
- 2 quarts of strawberries chopped into pieces
- 3 mangoes chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 of a pineapple chopped into small chunks
- 2 pints of blueberries,
- 1 pint of raspberries
- 2 cups chopped seedless red grapes
Fruit Salad Dressing
- 2 heaping tablespoons of lemon curd
- juice of one lime
Add all of the fruit into a large serving bowl. Mix the lemon curd and lime juice in a smaller bowl until smooth. Lightly toss the dressing with the fruit salad.
- 1, 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups of vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 pint of whipped, heavy cream
Beat the softened cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract. Fold in the whipped cream.
- About one dozen medium sized shortbread cookies or one bag of Pecan Sandies
- One cup of pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Break up the cookies into pieces that are 1/2 “ in size or less. Melt the butter and sugar together, then toss with the nuts and cookies.
Spread onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350º for ten minutes, then take out and stir and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Allow the crumble to cool. Top the fruit salad with a dollop of the creamy topping and a generous scoop of the crumble. You could also make a parfait by repeating the three layers.